Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Post!

Well, it is.

And I claimed it! Mwahahahahahaha!

This is the first post of my blog. I suppose I should layout exactly what it's about here, so that you know, and I should probably say who I am. Allow me to jump right in!

My name is Marie, and I'm an aerospace engineer student. In layman's term, I'm learning rocket science. Only, university is a bit expensive, so I wanted to get all my pre-reqs and the general education classes out of the way.

Only here's the thing. I'm determined to take out zero student loans. Which means for the first two years, full of pre-reqs and general education, community college looks mighty spiffy, and is affordable on a part-time paycheck...so long as I have No. Other. Bills.

So I moved in with my dad. And his new family. In Germany.

By the way, did I mention I am American? My dad works for the government, and is stationed in Germany for his work. For safety, and you know, the creepy factor of the Internet, I won't ever say where in Germany, or List any real names.

So here I am. I've finished my first year of community college. Or rather, time wise, I've finished a year. Credit wise? Not so much. I'm 7 credits short of a full year, but you get what you can afford. So I'll be affording a college on base, and if I'm lucky, and become super fluent in German, than I'll apply for a German school, which will save me so very much in money.

As it is, I'm settling in now, having just arrived Monday morning. I'll find a summer job, maybe longer, and I'll go to school here. In Germany.

Did I mention we don't live on base? We're in town. I'm not certain how I'm going to survive it. I suppose I'll just have to practice a lot!

One Final Byte: Someone painted lovely sunflowers on our backyard wall.

1 comment:

  1. My darling dear...One should never call themselves one thing while allowing their side profile to say another. Luv you and glad you are having fun though!

    ReplyDelete