Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week Ten: Hypocrisy


Sometimes I entertain myself, especially once I realize I’ve done something I advise against.  Talk about hypocrisy!  I have to apologize for last week’s blog.  I wrote it in about twenty fast minutes between two classes, rather than doing what’s right and using the time I normally set aside for it to think and write properly.   I chose to play games rather than write, despite that I like both, and take great pleasure in this blog.

Worse.  I rushed like a ninny, which is incredibly hypocritical of me.  Unfortunately, I’m probably not the only one who has hypocritical moments.  I suspect we all do, though many of us are less willing to admit to it than others.  Unfortunately it still occurs.  I’m of the opinion that hypocrisy shouldn’t be mocked or chosen as proof that the person in questions view point is wrong.  After all, many times they don’t realize it until it’s pointed out to them.

I am rarely aware of the difference between my writing when I am in a rush or am hyper and my writing when I am calm and thinking it out.  If I’m still in a rush when I read over it, then often it sounds well-paced to me.

Many people are hypocritical.  They say one thing, tell you to do things this way, then do it completely different and don’t even seem to notice.  Most of the time, they don’t pay attention, and fall back to a habit.  Habits can be dangerous things, after all.

People often condemn people of faith, regardless of faith, of not practicing what they preach.  In many circumstances this can be true.  But next time, before you mock someone for being hypocritical, pause and think yourself.  Did they mean to be?  Are they realizing they are?  Pause and think on it.

Likely the answer is no.  Very few people mean to.  I intend to get into the habit of not judging the people who are hypocritical, and instead simply forgiving them.  I shall even try my hardest to practice what I preach.  After all, if I take a breath and breath, and focus on what I want to do, rather than multitask and do sloppy work, I’m certain I have more than enough hours in the day to get everything done.  No need to rush and be hypocritical.

One Final Byte:  Fall is truly my favorite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment